Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another Project (or why it takes me so long to clean.)

While I was cleaning behind a table in the craft room, I discovered a well-used self-healing cutting mat. I think I stuck it back there because I did not want to throw it out but didn't quite know what to do with it. Darn that trying to be thrifty. It causes me to be thwarted away from my original intent which was- to clean the craft room!
Thinking how much money was spent on the cutting mat, I thought, "What can I make with this?" Those are very dangerous words.
Grabbing my trusty can of spray adhesive and one of the cutest prints on my red fabric shelf, I went outside to begin the transformation. Within an hour, I had the cutest transformed cutting mat in theworld. Well, maybe not the world, but my neighborhood anyway!




Here's a peek:
Yo-yos on the pockets.

And here's another:
A little sparkle in the corner, because you have to have a little sparkle somewhere.



And this is what I turned that ugly, battered cutting mat into- a desk blotter! With pockets for important papers, like recipes and how-to-make-a-cute-desk-blotter instructions.


Don't you love it? I do. It makes me happy. Of course, I will be happier once that darn craft room is clean. I vow to not make anymore projects until it is completed!
You can't see that my fingers are crossed, can you?



7 comments:

amy said...

what an adorable idea! i have an old mat, but i use it for art projects with the kids and such now...not nearly as cute as your idea :)

Betty said...

Well, that's just adorable! And so crafty you are! I really like the red fabric and the added touches. Too fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's impressive! It would've taken me all day to do that.

Bella Modiste said...

gorgeous!

smoothiejuice said...

great use of materials!

Utah Grammie said...

WOwZEr - this is CUTE!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Karin, love your blog and will add it to mine thanks for our sweet comment this am I so appreciate it. xoxo Jennifer