Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sister Love.

Here is the complete view of the little fairy I sent my sister for Christmas. I think she's adorable.




See how her wings curl up? That means she's happy. And that mushroom she is perched upon? Magical, and non-poisonous.
Her clothing is made from scraps of vintage dictionary pages and a few from Shakespeare that the fairy found in a nearby run-down shack. Dew drops and spider silk now protect her clothes from the weather. An acorn cap sits jauntily upon her head to keep her tiny pointed ears warm.




Bearing a handful of heartbeats, she will reside where my sister can see her and be like a hug from me to her. Because I love my sister. Much more than this fairy does.
Ya got that, Fairy?

2 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

She is ADORaBle!! How cute is that!? I'll bet it will be your sister's "Treasure" for always -
Happy New Year's Eve - be careful and have a happy!

Betty said...

I'm so glad you posted the full picture...she is just precious! Your sister is a lucky person, as are you to have her. I have four sisters and a brother and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world!

Happy, happy!