Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Want Baby Feet.

I made these little baby shoes last night for my friend's new little girl, Emelia Dolce.

Do you not love that name? It rolls perfectly off the tongue.


After a few failed attempts, I finally developed a pattern that worked. I love the blanket stitching around the edge, and the colors are very Christmasy- all wool felt and a sweet cotton polka dot.
They are very impractical, but what girl does not need a sweet pair of impractical shoes? Not anyone I know!

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

OHMY!!!! These are THE. MOST. PRECIOUS! Karin, you are so talented girl!!! Sweet, sweet shoes ~ I hope you're having a great week ~ xxoo, Dawn

Betty said...

You MADE those shoes?? What a talent! I don't know anyone who makes SHOES, especially little ones as cute as those. Emelia Dolce will love them (and I think she will love her name, too)!

windycorner said...

So Sweet! Baby shoes are on my list for Most Precious Things On Earth.Hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Holley

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Those are the cutest little shoes I've ever seen!!

whimseycreations said...

Oh Karin those are just adorable! You ought to sell that pattern. Love them!
Jill

Utah Grammie said...

Teach her at a young age that a cute pair of shoes can change her life- just look at Cinderealla!
Darling shoes!
Good job - as if you'd ever do anyting NOT good!
Colleen