Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quick Gift.

One of my favorite quick gifts is a beginner crochet kit. I include a Brittany crochet hook, some yummy yarn and MaryJane's Crochet Basics downloadable booklet.



Our local needlework shop carries Brittany hooks and needles, but you can order them from a list of shops on the website. I love how fancy they look, and the wood is soft in your hands.
Laminating the pages of the book (stuck back to back so it makes 5 pages total) keeps them safe from spills or tearing. A hole punched in the upper corner allows a ribbon to be threaded through keeping them all together.
All of these things, nestled in tissue and tucked in bag make a thoughtful and useful gift, especially for girls just learning to crochet.
Quick, easy and a lovely little gift for under $20 (or less, depending on the yarn.)

8 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

That is the COOLEST gift idea EVER! Thanks for such a wonderful gift for almost anyone. You are such a sweetie to share..

Colleen

windycorner said...

What a great idea! I love the hook especially and so will all my little nieces. Thanks for the suggestion.
Holley

Lori said...

that is a sweet little gift:) thanks for sharing!!!

Amy Ellen said...

What a lovely idea.
Hugs
Amy

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

You've given me a wonderful Christmas gift idea for my god-daughters!

Abbie said...

Hi Karin,
Oh, what a fabulous idea!! I love it! Those hooks are to die for, as mine are all plastic.. I'm off the download teh instructions right now. My favorite crochet book is Stitch-n-Bitch Crochet, The Happy Hooker. But you can't give that to young crocheters!
:) abbie

Aunt Jenny said...

What a sweet gift idea!! And the book too..love what you did. I am totally a book giver and in my family we give old books alot..I love how you covered LeeAnn's name and age.
And your room turned out great..I havn't begun on mine yet...sigh..but I will eventually!
Have a great week!

Fete et Fleur said...

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing this.

Nancy