Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Clean.

I thought I would spare you the vision of the before version of the bedroom. But, here is the after in all of its glory!! Clean, spare, ready to be decorated in a way that will make it our own little haven. Get a load of that floor- spotless.




I'm a bit tired of the mismatched decor we have lived with for years on end. Careful thought will go onto the new look. It may take me a while, but the adventure is going to be fun.

This is the before of the craft room. Oh, dear. What a mess! Every surface covered, not even a place to sit.


Here is the after. Ah, that's much better. And look- the chair is cleaned off!


This part of the craft room is waiting for a makeover. My children gave me two rolls of Cath Kidston wallpaper for my birthday two years ago. I think it's time it went on the wall. Up until today, you could not even walk in this part.



After cleaning both rooms, I have accumulated four large garbage sacks for the Goodwill, and three large bags of trash. Really, who keeps trash lying about? Apparently, I do.
Thank you for your advice on keeping our bedroom neat as a pin, and for letting me know that I am not alone in the toss-and-clutter method.
I will keep on top of things. If not, I will certainly hear about it from the hubs. He likes it clean after all.


4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hmmm....looks wonderful Karin!!! The before AND the after...you've seen my loveliness..my hovel ~ I love all your treasures! And what a great idea to renew the insides of the book!! I love that idea ~ hope you are doing great sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

JellyQ said...

I love Bentley peeking in the door on the after picture. He's probably thinking "where did it all go?"

whimseycreations said...

Girlfriend - WHERE in the world were you hiding this craft room when I was over at the Mary Jane shindig??? LOL It looks great all clean and tidy but the before looks like my studio often looks! LOLOLOL

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Karin!

You are brave to share your craft room! I took pictures of my before and after and haven't posted them. You couldn't even walk in mine! LOL! My kids were shocked because I have never let it get so bad! Glad it is clean again. I see you have a Lightweight Singer Sewing Machine! Lucky you! I want one so bad! Does your work? Have a wonderful week and hope you had a nice FHE!

Hugs,
Maryjane