Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Book Makeover.

Have you ever found the perfect book for a gift, only to find that someone, long ago, had left their mark on it?
I discovered these two sweet books at the Goodwill and I thought they would be a perfect gift for a little girl that is coming to visit at Thanksgiving. Her name is Mia, and she is the 3 year-old daughter of my sister's boyfriend. I cannot wait to meet her.
The little girl who owned these books wrote her name and age in them. Cute, but I really don't want to leave it there. What to do, what to do........



Going through my scrapbook papers, I chose two that coordinated with the book covers. I measured the inside cover, cut the paper and glued it in with my yummy glue stick. One of my favorite things to do is to add a graphic black and white check as a little pop.



Voila! "New" inside covers that are bright and cheery, and unwritten upon. A vintage book plate adds just the right touch. Thank goodness little LeeAnn did not write all through the book!


I can't wait to read these vintage gems to Mia.

3 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

So cute! Tell me about the glue stick - why is it better than the plain old glue sticks?

Colleen

whimseycreations said...

What a GREAT idea! I'll have to remember this one.
Jill

Amy Ellen said...

Another good idea. And hey I have tha pink paper isn't it lovely.
Hugs
Amy