Monday, November 3, 2008

Altered.

Sorry for the extraordinarily tiny pictures. I was having a problem with Blogger loading my photos so I shrank them on Photobucket. I may have gone too far.
Anyway- Inspired by the lovely Dawn's nature journal, I created one of my own. Using a rather tatty antique photo album I bought in Kentucky, I glued, stamped and bejeweled to my heart's content.



This is the locking mechanism- now a simple ribbon that catches on a beaded pin.


Hmmm, this is the little niche at the back of the book. I tore away all the loose paper and glued together ten pages to make this little space for a nest and a feather, along with other bits and bobs.

Blank pages created from vintage fly leafs from an old book. I love their creamy color.




The page on the right holds a pin from long ago, perhaps one worn to a dance or an evening soiree. The page on the left says "comfort", something we all desire.



A chipper little chickadee sparkles and shines next to another blank sheet.




Mementos from a happy past.



Little Birdie, whose journal I believe this is. Is she not a doll, dressed in her billowy dress and jeweled crown?



The spine of the album, newly repaired and embellished.




The cover. You just know that something beautiful will be found inside.
I have yet to decide what I will do with this little gem. It is awfully pretty and looks fabulous on the dresser in my living room. But, it may need to go live with someone else. I'll let you know.
Oh, and one of these days I will figure out why Blogger puts my pictures in reverse of the order that I upload them in. But, they are here for you to enjoy, backwards or forwards, nonetheless.

5 comments:

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Karin!

I love all the albumns you have been making! They are beautiful! You sure have been busy! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Maryjane

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness Karin!!! You are so incredibly talented! This sweetness took my breath ~ I love it! It swells my heart to even think that I inspired you a little bitty bit to create this beauty... BRAVO sweet friend. Keep it close to your heart dear farmgirl ~ xxoo, Dawn

Nan said...

I am just amazed at your gifts! Whew, I couldn't do that for anything. :<)

About the picture order. After the pics have loaded when you are doing your blog entry, you may copy and paste them anywhere on the entry before you post it. Is that clear? You click on the picture, then copy it, and scroll to where you want it, and paste it. Then go back and delete where it was.

GardenGoose said...

hi Karin! very pretty artwork! you are so creative. love what you did with the book.
hope you and yours are having a lovely week.
hugs, Tina

Utah Grammie said...

This is just lovely. You can tell it came from your heart. Beautiful, loving work.
Colleen