Monday, October 13, 2008

Kentucky Gurlfren'z Gathering

Because of this sweet woman in the striped sweater, my sister and I had the most wonderful weekend. Frannie opened up her heart and her home to a gathering of women from all over the country to partake in a few days of sisterhood and friendship. We met as strangers and left as friends, none of us wanting the weekend to end, ever.

I cannot tell you how much I needed this, to regroup and get things back into focus. Being surrounded by such incredibly open, friendly women lifted me up to place I have not been to in quite a while. Each and every one of them has a special place in my heart and I hope that we will be able to keep in touch with each other.
Here we are, gathered in front of Glover's Station Antique Mall, (at 8:30 in the morning, no less!) in Greensburg, with hats that came from a booth inside. I think Frannie did a remarkable job of giving us hats that suited our personalities perfectly. You can see me in the back row, on the right side, with my black chapeau perched on top of my head. My sister is sitting in the first row, first gal on the right.

This is the Mayor of Greensburg, Lisle Cheatham. I do believe that he wins the Good Sport Award for allowing Frannie to bedeck him with a vintage apron and her flowery hat. He was extremely gracious and gave us a little history of Greensburg as well as the economic state of the town, which I found to be very interesting. They are in the process of revovating and rejuvinating the downtown area, and when they are finished it will be beautiful.


I took 200 photographs on our trip, and I will be posting and sharing stories over the next few days. I hope I won't bore you. :0)

6 comments:

downbranchroad said...

Such wonderful memories! Thanks my new friend.

Anonymous said...

Bore? Are you kidding? I'm jealous! I want to hear details and see every photo!
I had a feeling a weekend at Frannie's was just what you needed!
Rebekah

monix said...

It looks and sounds like a great weekend. I look forward to reading more of your memories.

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Karin!

How very exciting to meet up with all those wonderful farmgirl sisters and your very own sister! Frannie is the best!!! I know exactly what ya mean Karin...we do need to get away and breath sometimes. Boy, do I know what ya mean! LOL! I think that is why Sisters on the Fly is sooooo good for me!

Thinking of you and have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Cathy Cobblestone said...

What a sweet post Karin. It was truly a blessing meeting you and your sister. I will always remember you - and I hope I look like you when my son is 26!!!! Blessings to you! Cathy Cobblestone

Amy Ellen said...

How fun this all looked. No I am not jealous, LOL. A tad envious maybe, ; ) It looks like you had a great time.
How fun!!
Hugs
Amy