Friday, September 19, 2008

I Never Thought That This Would Happen

Especially to me.


I have been making items for MaryJane Butters for her magazine,

MaryJane's Farm, for the past few months.


I think this project has been my favorite- making a miniature twig bed, complete with wool-stuffed mattress and hand-sewn linens and pillows and a teensy chair for a fairy house. I have to say that the slippers and hat were a challenge, as I have never made either of them on such a tiny scale before. I think they turned out pretty cute. There is something about making small things that delights me to my inner core.

The instructions for MaryJane's own Fairy House are included in this, the October-November issue. How cute is that? I so need to make one and then make myself a miniature twig bed decked to the nines because, surprisingly, I have not made one like it for myself.

I am thrilled to have this opportunity to be a part of this incredible magazine. Thank you, MaryJane, for giving me the wings I needed to fly.

PS- If you see a copy of this at your book store, be sure to buy it. Not only is it beautiful to look at, there are tasty recipes, helpful hints, fabulous stories about women who have followed their dreams and ideas to spark your imagination. But then, I may be a bit partial.

9 comments:

Brenda Kula said...

I've never seen this publication. Where can you purchase it? Of course, congratulations!
Brenda Kula

Utah Grammie said...

You are the one that introduced me to MaryJane's Farm and I in turn got my neighbor and my boss "hooked"! Is this one out? I will need to go to the bookstore this week-end and find it if it is! (Do not want to take the chance of missing it!!)
The world is FINALLY discovering what a talent you are and a gem of a friend! Good for you! I am so proud of YOU!
Colleen

The Feathered Nest said...

YAAAAAY Karin!!!! I'm SO not surprised sweet friend! You're so very multi-talented and I'm in LOVE with this fairy bed girl! It it at Barnes & Noble yet??? or Books a Million??? I'm so excited for you :) xxoo, Dawn

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Hearty congratulations! Well Done!

windycorner said...

So sweet, and tiny. I am so excited for you. And when I see this at the bookstore, I WILL buy it.
Holley

Abbie said...

Hi Karin,
Ohh!! congratulations! :) I ♥ all your chickens! We are going to start raising them next summer (preparing now). They are just lovely. I'm happy that you liked the antique sign language alphabet. I was hoping someone who would love it as much as do would find it. Enjoy!
xoxo~
Abbie

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Karin, Congratulations you are one talented woman! I just received my magazine in the mail today and I cannot wait to read it!
I still dream about your Omlet House!
Love, Ann

Dana said...

Holy cow!! Way to go!!

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Karin! That is your work!!! I was looking at the detailed twig bed and shoes and thought "how could anyone ever make something soooooo darling & tiny"! And it was you Miss Karin! Your talents are endless and MaryJane knows a GOOD THING when she sees it! You are awesome!

Hugs,
Maryjane xo