Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hazel. Snake Killer

What is this blur before you, you ask? It is Hazel, after she stole a tiny, black snake from Flora.
Hazel ran as fast as her little legs would carry her, with Flora in hot pursuit.
She ducked and dodged with the grace of a bantam-weight boxer,
avoiding Flora's jabbing beak and reigned victorious.
In the end, Hazel decided that snake really was not what she wanted for dinner. Poor baby snake. You died before I could ask you one very inportant question: Where is your mother?

Apparently, it is the season for the creepy things of nature to come visit my house.

I must be the luckiest girl on earth.

6 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

You have a most lovely blog! Edward and I have so enjoyed visiting you this evening! We shall return, I'm sure!

Happy weekend to you from us both!

And, that is one serious spider!

monix said...

Hello, I've just followed a link from Letters from a Hill Farm and have spent the last few minutes laughing at your superb posts. I'll be back for more soon. May I add you to my blogroll?

Utah Grammie said...

Eeeewwww! Yes, where IS your mother???? and do you have sisters and brothers?? And,

Who's Your Daddy??

Poor you - but funny photos - especially Hazel running soo fast! Loved it.
Take care and don't let the creepys get you down!
Colleem

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

That picture of Hazel running so fast was priceless! Love it!

xo

Kathy said...

I found you thru MWO challenge. I can relate to this creepiness! I found a snake in my house yesterday...and it is still here somewhere. I think Gustav kicked it up. I think it is still in my bathroom, so I have a baby blanket shoved uder the door until hub's get home Wed. yikes....
Nice to meet you!
Kathy

ga.farmwoman said...

Now that is more my type of snake!
Can they come visit and take care of my snake problem?lol...