Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Flash Of Blue And My Thanks To You.

In the mornings, before the sun has had a chance to warm up the now chill-tinged morning air, morning glories abound on the roadsides here in Georgia. Driving my son to work gives me the opportunity to catch the flashes of blue that accompany the twining vines meandering through the tall grasses. Each one makes my heart leap, and brings a smile to my face.

Something else that has brought a smile to my face, is the gift of blog-love from my friends.
I have been a bit remiss in my acknowledgement of such kindness, and I ask for forgiveness from those who thought of me for my lateness in extending my thanks. I am humbled and grateful for their thoughtfulness.

So, my thanks to you, sweet Tina, for rating my blog as E for Excellent. It lends a sense of affirmation to my rather ordinary life. Tina is a city farmgirl like me. She homeschools her children, creates the most wonderful art and she and her hubs publish an online magazine, called Small Town Living, which gives a most thoughtful glimpse into small town life.

To Pam, for the Blogging Friends Forever award. How nice is that? Even though we live in the same state, we have not had the opportunity to meet. I hope that we will one day. If we lived closer, I know we would be good friends. Until then, I keep up with her life on her blog. Go and read about her chicken snake. I would have fainted had I found that one.

To Kyra, for the I Love Your Blog award. This girl is very talented, sweet and kind. We were partners in Artsy Mama's Sweet and Sinister swap last year and she sent me the most incredible, handmade Halloween decorations. Right down to a perfectly gruesome, miniature Dead Man's Toe. The detail is amazing. I think it comes from her being a nurse.

I always have difficulties choosing blogs upon which to bestow awards such as these. Each one I read has its own charm and uniqueness that brings me back time after time. So, I think I will just allow each of you that I visit to count yourselves so honored. Place your award proudly in your sidebars, if you so choose. You all make my days brighter, my heart fuller and my ribs sore from laughter. Thank you, each and every one. You are all deserving of such wonderfulness.

4 comments:

ga.farmwoman said...

You do have a wonderful blog. It is always a pleasure to visit with you and I hope we can meet in person some day too!
Thanks
Pam

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Congratulations of your awards! And thanks for all the new ideas for blog visits!

windycorner said...

The new blog and look is stunning. The background (or sideground) is so textural. I love it. It's also very nice to catch up with the hens, they are very pretty ladies now. Glad you're back.
Holley

MNScrapbookmom said...

You are too sweet my dear friend. Your post warmed my heart on this cool -rainy Minnesota morning. I am so grateful that you are writing again... you truly have a gift. :) {{HUGS}} to you... ¥