Friday, September 5, 2008

Cat. In Heat.

Merideth, the kitty that delivered two little white kittens (one of which passed away two days later) three weeks ago, is in heat. The noise level in my house is deafening.
Try to conjure up in your mind the sound that Chewbacca, the Wookie, made in Star Wars, with a little twist of Ed Grimley inhaling with surprise. That's the sound Merideth makes. In fact, they must have used that sound for Chewbacca. Someone has a very twisted sense of humor.
She is no longer interested in poor Jude*, her little boy. No, she just wants OUT, with all caps intended. We have taken to locking her in my daughter's room just so she will nurse him. Tart.
Slinky, sneaky wench that she is, she snuck out the other day between the legs of Rilo, the Sheltie. With his white tummy blending in with her white body, I didn't even see her. Although the addition of four legs should have been a clue. Calling her was fruitless. Trying catch her even more so. The cat is quick when she has procreation on the mind.
Six hours later, she happened by the side door, and I was able to wrestle her into my arms and into the nursery box to feed her very snubbed, very hungry son.
I hope that it was not six hours too late.

PS- To see why A's little white kitten is named Jude, click here. This child is adorable.

2 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

What a sneaky girl! And with a hungry son to boot - poor Jude. Hope he's OK. It's been a while since I've had some time to stop by but I have missed you! So glad to have a moment to read what you're up to. Love the new blog look - VERY fall-ish! Have a great week-end and now I'm off to read more of you!!
Colleen

MNScrapbookmom said...

Love the Jude video... hopefully Miss Merideth will quiet down soon. :) I tagged you on my blog for "I love your blog" - check it out when you have a minute. :) Have a wonderful weekend. ¥