Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday.

Sunlight streams through the windows, casting pools of rainbows about the floor as it pierces through the prisms that hang in them.


The scent of Oatmeal Banana Bread baking in the oven wafts through each room, making mouths water and tummies rumble.
Fresh eggs lay on the enamel top of the island, smug in their sturdy, brown shells.
Leaves spin to the earth outside, the first inkling that autumn is on its way.
Clothes hanging on the line move slightly in the breeze and cast dancing shadows on the ground below.
Saturday. What a wonderful way to end the week.

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

So beautifully written dear Karin ~ I can smell the banana bread all the way over here....xxoo, Dawn

MNScrapbookmom said...

Love banana bread - and your new background. What a cool site !!! ¥

smilnsigh said...

What a totally beautiful entry. The words. And the magnificent photo. I so love such a photo!!!

Thank you for coming over to one of my blogs, from Corey's blog. Dear Corey, I've been reading her for years. Then a few months ago, I had a big issue with Type Pad and had to choose not to make comments in her Type Pad blog.

I told her about this, in email and she understood. And I've been able to make random 'comments' to her, via email. So I'm not fully cut off.

But I tried doing a Comment in her blog, the other day. And all seems well. :-))) Wheeew!

Thank you so much for saying that my entry {'Two Strong Women...'} gave you a few things to mull over. We are each different individuals and do not have to agree on everything. Nor do we all have to do blogging, in the same way. But when I have issues, I tend to want to post about them. Get feedback from others. Learn. Help me ponder for myself and come to my own best conclusions, for me. {Although at times, I do feel that I sound as if I'm whining a lot. And I hate that. Ugh}

Hope you are enjoying this long holiday weekend. And are looking forward to Autumn and all its beauty.

And isn't it beyond-wonderful, that Corey is going home tomorrow?!?!?! I am over the moon about this! I have wanted her home, for so long. Feeling that she long ago, did enough. But she is she and I am me and we do not have to agree. :-)

Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh blog